Erik Stepelton, CPA - Tax Manager
Erik is a licensed Certified Public Accountant who joined BKHM in 2022, at the time bringing with him over 9 years of experience in public accounting. He comes to the firm after most recently spending 4 years with RSM (formerly McGladrey) as a member of their Lead Tax team in their Orlando office. Preceding that, he spent 5 years in South Florida with a local firm working in both tax and accounting roles focused on full-cycle services for closely held business entities.
Erik’s areas of expertise include tax compliance and consulting for flow-through business entities and their owners. This area of experience spans across a wide array of industries including real estate & construction, private equity, consumer products (retail & wholesale), hospitality & restaurants, and professional services.
He also brings experience in the areas of tax planning & technical tax research, operating agreement review, and tax controversy resolution.
EDUCATION, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Jacksonville University, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- University of Central Florida, Master of Science in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant in the State of Florida
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA)
- University of Central Florida, College of Business Alumni Mentor
- Habitat for Humanity, Construction Volunteer Since 2004